Woke up in panic, heart racing and feeling anxious. Diagnosed with Postural Orthostatic tachycardia syndrome. Treatment?

I wake up in a Panic every morning - heart racing, feel anxious... I have done this every since I got diagnosed with muscle ALL OVER my body. MRI Brain fine. Cortisol tested fine, Thyroid is ok.

I also get muscle SPASMS and twitches
Posted Mon, 15 Jul 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 hours later

I am not sure what the question is. I am a sleep specialist as well and have many patients who wake up with your symptoms and we have diagnosed them with a sleep related issue such as night time oxygen deficits or sleep apnea. If you wake up like this frequently and if you have tiredness and fatigue during the day you may want to be evaluated for a sleep related issue.

I hope this helps. If there is something more I can help you with please let me know.

Follow-up: Woke up in panic, heart racing and feeling anxious. Diagnosed with Postural Orthostatic tachycardia syndrome. Treatment? 28 minutes later
I just realized the errors I made wow... what I was trying to say is ...I developed a syndrome called POTS syndrome (sometimes just on my own ...I wake up panicked.... heart racing..... feel the need to move around..... in fear....

and I don't know why.
I feel pretty rested most of the time but I cant stand waking up like this. I don't know if its issue.... or what.
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 9 minutes later

I am so sorry to hear about your newborn. My heart goes out to you. It does sound like it's panic related. I would suggest you see your GP and see if you can get something to help with this. There are several good medications that can help.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with .

Take Care.