Woke up from sleep, urinated, defecated in bed, no other symptoms, cause of concern ?

My 5 year old daughter woke up 3 1/2 hours after falling asleep and had urinated and defecated in her pajamas and bed. There were no other symptoms, she seemed fine but this has never happened before. Should I be worried? She was fine this morning when she got up.
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 1 hour later

This is a very common situation seen in kids less than 7 years and there is no need to be alarmed.

Since this is the first episode, it could be just an accident and there is no need for any intervention. It will resolve on its own.

Hope I have answered your query.

If you have any more queries, I will be available to answer them as well.