Wobbly walk at times, painful knees, easily fatigued, buzz in the ear, dizziness. Suggest the reasons?

I am a female, 50 yrs old, weighing 130 pounds. I suffer from wobbly walk at times, pain in the knees and get fatigued very soon. At times, I get ringing sounds in ears and dizzy feeling too.please suggest the reasons.
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 4 hours later

I tried to put across all my thoughts about your problem. I think the ear problem and unable to walk properly are two different and need to be addressed by an ENT specialist and an Orthopedician respectively.

Osteoarthritis of the knee joints and Osteoporosis are two conditions that I could think for the first problem.

You need to get tested with Xray of the Bilateral knee joint, Thyroid profile, Hemoglobin and ESR blood tests. I could read that you have low Vit D levels which is further aggravating the problem of Osteoporosis.

Calcium supplements of 1000mg a day are highly recommended. Vitamin D supplementation should be started by a competent physician / Orthopedician.

Exercises to strengthen the muscles above the knee joint to take the weight falling on the knee joints. You should completely avoid taking stairs, use western style loo rooms, do not sit on the floor. XXXXXXX a Physiotherapist for correct exercise protocol.

Let me know if you need further clarifications for the above recommendations.

Wish you good health.