Wobbly vision after cold. Any suggestions ?

Hi. I had a cold last week which has gone now but a couple of days in I noticed a problem with my vision. It has gone very wobbly. If I look at something straight ahead my vision seems to pulate. This old thing is that if I cover either eye, the vision with the other eye is perfectly still. It is only when I look at something with both eyes that I get the problem. Sometines i feel like my eyes are not keeping up with each other. I saw a doctor last week and he just said wait until the cold has gone and see if it goes away.
I have no other medical problems and I don't smoke.
Posted Fri, 25 May 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Mihir Shah 53 minutes later

From what you have described, it seems like you have developed convergence weakness. It usually occurs after a bout of cold or fever.

Most eye care professionals treat convergence weakness using a home-based therapy called “pencil push-ups.”Hold a pencil with the tip up. Concentrate on the tip of the pencil with both the eyes. Move the pencil slowly towards the bridge of your nose. The goal is to keep the tip of the pencil clear and single, but to stop if the tip becomes double. You have to try and get the pencil closer and closer each day. Pencil push-ups are practiced for 15 minutes, 5 days per week.

In addition to this you can also take a multivitamin supplement for two weeks. You should feel better by two weeks.

I will be available to answer any further queries.

Best regards,
Dr.Mihir Shah