With reference to the ultrasound should I undergo surgery and will this surgery affect my child bearing?

I am 31years old, married, have not been through child bearing as yet (intend to in future). I got my ultra sound done and my report sounds like: There is a large heterogenously hypoechoic lesion in relation to the uterine fundus measuring approx 104x97x85mm in size. Atlast two smaller hypoechoic lesions are noted in the anterior myometrium measuring 15x13mm and 27x19mm in size respectively. endometrial thickness 10mm Can you please suggest whats the best course of action, should i go thru a surgery (if yes, what kind of operation) or should i do the child bearing first? will it affect my child bearing also? Note: Have never had problem with my menses, or any pain in abdomen
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: First get operated then try for conception Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. You are having very large fibroid in your uterus & there can be difficulty in conception, abortion, preterm delivery or red degeneration of fibroid during pregnancy. So first get operated you can undergo laparoscopic myomectomy or open myomectomy, after six to eight months of surgery you can try for conception. Regards,
Follow-up: With reference to the ultrasound should I undergo surgery and will this surgery affect my child bearing? 18 hours later
I had discussion with my gynae on removal of this fibroid, however she said 1. such a big mass cant come out with laproscopy, will do open myomectomy. In an open operation, if there is excess bleeding, then the uterus will also have to be removed, therefore she advised that I should go ahead with planning a baby, earliest possible. If I successfully get pregnant, then she will see further course of action. My question is, based on above discussion, is it advisable/safe still to get this fibroid removed thru surgery? since as per dr, there is a risk of uterus getting damaged. Is it safe as I intend to plan a family soon? Can I really opt for Laproscopy, what will laproscopy do in my case? Will that be safe from the perspective of having a child? Is conceiving really XXXXXXX in my situation as of now? Are there any other ways wherein I can get help for getting rid of this fibroid, or reducing its size thru some special diet, or yoga, or if any other stream of medicine -Ayurveda could help me getting rid of it and brighten my chances of getting pregnant? Also advise specialist doctors in Delhi who can help me in this situation, or good recommended hospital where I can get best treatment for it in Delhi?
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 23 hours later
Brief Answer: Each & every surgery has its pros & cons Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Welcome back. Each & every surgery has its own pros & cons. During myomectomy if there will be excessive bleeding though its rare there can be need of uterus removal. However if you conceive along with fibroid there can be difficulty in conception, preterm delivery & prolonged ICU stay of fetus or red degeneration of fibroid. Rate of successful surgery also depends on surgeon's expertise whether it is laparoscopic or open surgery. No Yoga or diet can decrease size of fibroid. There are good hospitals in Delhi or Gurgaon like Artemis hospital where you can think about to get operated. I will be available for your further queries. Regards,