With reference to the ultrasound report will I have normal delivery?

May 2013
my LMP is 18 April 2013 and EDD 25 XXXXXXX 2014. my ultrasound report : single cord around the neck of the fetus. anatomically normal but large head. Is this normal report and delivery could be normal .Please guide us. thank you
Posted Tue, 14 Jan 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 24 hours later
Brief Answer: Followup is needed Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. Sometimes cord around the neck can be seen in few fetuses. If the cord is loosely encircled the neck, no need to worry. But fetal movements should be regularly monitored. If fetal movements decrease better to consult gynecologist immediately. Larger head can be seen sometimes due to genetical influence. If the BPD(Biparital diameter) HC(Head circumference) are within normal range, no need to worry. The possibility of normal delivery depends on many factors along with size of the baby. Actually the mode of delivery can be planned at the onset of labor pains only. So, better to wait. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
Follow-up: With reference to the ultrasound report will I have normal delivery? 2 hours later
According to Ultrasound Report: BPD: 92.9mm (37 weeks 5 days) HC : 330.3mm(37 weeks 4 days) AC : 308.7mm(34 weeks 6 days) FL : 66.1mm(34 weeks) EFBW--2613.0gms Is it normal?
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 23 hours later
Brief Answer: Review scan Detailed Answer: Hi, According to your last menstrual period the gestational age should be 36 weeks 5 days for today. Around 1 to 2 weeks of disparity can be seen between parameters. But 3 weeks disparity is somewhat abnormal. One possibility is in case of noncephalic presentations of the baby, like in breech presentation, transverse lie etc, it is difficult to take correct BPD and HC. In that case some amount of disparity is possible. Baby weight is within normal range. Review scan after two weeks of this scan is recommended. Take care.