With reference to the titration report is it necessary to take CPAC?

Pulmonologist
Question
Dr, Based on y sleep report you had suggested an Auto CPAC to be used during y sleep. One of the doctors from NH bangalore had suggested to use the Auto CPAC for 15days and bring the report, as post the sleep rpeort the titration report showed a lot of improved. I a attaching the the titration report which i had used for 15days. Please check and let me know if i need a CPAC.
Posted Fri, 14 Feb 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra -14 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes, CPAP is recommended. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. After going through your reports, I would like to comment the following: Auto CPAP will definitely help you considering the symptomatic relief you must have experienced along with the decline in AHI which is an important parameter. Also an important part would have been your improved oxygen saturation which must have been observed in your first night titration study. It is recommended that you go ahead with the auto cpap therapy. But remember to continue with weight reduction and lifestyle modification measures including dietary measures. I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any. Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries. Regards Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra MBBS MD DNB Consultant Pulmonologis

Follow-up: With reference to the titration report is it necessary to take CPAC? 32 minutes later
Dr, please confirm what would be the expected measures or normal measure for me to discontinue the Auto CPAP. Also please suggest a method to lose weight, as currently i have knee injury and i am unable to run.

Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 17 hours later
Brief Answer: After titration, the parameters have improved. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the follow up query. After going through the follow up query, I would like to comment the following: 1. After titration, the parameters have almost returned to normal. 2. There are no specific measures to continue with the CPAP. You just need to put it on during sleep. 3. Wait for your knee injury to heel. Diet and exercise are important part of weight reduction program. 4. Expert advice regarding the same can be had by a dietecian (get a diet chart tailor made for you) and a physiotherapist (get enrolled in a suitable weight reduction physiotherapy program). I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any. Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries. Regards Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra MBBS MD DNB Consultant Pulmonologist