With reference to the thyroid and ultrasound report is it safe to continue with pregnancy?

May 2013
6 weeks 3 days pregnant, Chorio decidual separation present, had taken an oral emergency contraceptive pill I am 8 weeks 1 day pregnant by LMP and 6 weeks 3 days pregnant as per Ultrasonography report.2 weeks earlier I had got little bleeding, then on ultrasound there was Chorio decidual separation presence. Foetal Heart Rate is 114 bpm. Foetal parameters are as following: LMP: 11.10.2013 AGE: 8 weeks 1 day EDD by LMP: 18.07.2014 CRL measures 0.6 cm corresponding to 6 weeks 3 days. I had taken Susten injection for 5 days, Susten and duphaston tablets. Bleeding stopped on the same day. Another point of concern is that on 05-11-2013, i had taken an oral emergency contraceptive pill ,that time I was unaware of my pregnancy. My TSH value is 7.8 as per last report, since then I am taking Thyrox-100, earlier i was taking Thyrox-75. I want to know whether is it safe to continue with this pregnancy, will baby be healthy and well developed as some people say it affects baby's mental/physical growth. I am attaching the reports for your reference. Please suggest me what I should do including precautions and diet.
Posted Wed, 8 Jan 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: Repeat ultrasound after one week Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. The risk factors in your case are : - Bradycardia of the fetus. Usually by this gestational age, the heart beat of the fetus should be around 160bpm. - Intake of emergency contraceptive pill. -Presence of Chorio decidual separation. - Disparity between the gestational age by lmp and ultrasound. -Hypothyroidism etc. Among the above risk factors, -Disparity in the gestational age could be due to wrong dates. It is more common in irregular menstrual cycles. -Minimal Chorio decidual separation with chorionic hemorrhage will usually subside soon. So, you wait for one more week and go for repeat scan. In that: -If fetal gestational age increases by one week, -If heart beat improves, -Chorionic decidual separation decreases, you can continue the pregnancy with the help of medicines prescribed by your doctor and with regular antenatal checkups and ultrasound examinations. If: -Fetal growth retards, -Bradycardia becomes severe or absent fetal heart presents, -Chorio decidual separation increases, better to terminate the pregnancy. Regarding precautions, take adequate rest, nutritious diet, avoid journeys, weight lifting, intercourse etc. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.