With reference to the report should I be worried about Gilbert's syndrome?

Excellent

Gastroenterologist
Question
"Bilirubin 2.5, direct . 8. CBC normal , liver tests normal , ultra sound normal . Excellent health. Does this sound like Gilbert's ?"I have read that only indirect bilirubin is high in Gilbert's , where mine is high in indirect at 1.7,but also high with direct at .8 Optional Information: Person's Gender: Male Person's Age: 34
Posted Wed, 25 Dec 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder

Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please follow the suggestions below... Detailed Answer: Hi, I am glad to know that you have an excellent health. With regards to your concerns, please bare in mind that Gilbert–Meulengracht syndrome is a hereditary condition which is associated with harmless increased indirect bilirubin. You are saying that you do not have any health problem, while the blood tests were normal with indirect bilirubin being high. So, I could say that it is because of Gilbert syndrome. With regards to your high direct bilirubin, it is slightly elevated. There are many factors causing such increase including infection, alcohol and/or hereditary. Perhaps you consume alcohol or have been passing a viral infection while taking the test. Hope it answered to your query! Feel free to ask me other questions you might have at the next follow up. Dr.Klerida

Follow-up: With reference to the report should I be worried about Gilbert's syndrome? 10 minutes later
I don't drink alcohol,also had negative hepatitis test. So just to confirm, you agree that even with elevated direct bilirubin, it is Gilbert's?

Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Please follow the suggestions below.. Detailed Answer: Hi again, Thank you for sending in more of your medical data. It is great that you do not drink alcohol and had a negative hepatitis test. Could you please send in a copy of your lab results in order to assist your further. As I mentioned earlier, if you are healthy with such high indirect bilirubin, it is indicative for Gilbert's syndrome. With regards to your high direct bilirubin, it might be related to other conditions including a common cold or flu at the time when the test was carried out. Looking forward to have a copy of your lab results! Dr.Klerida

Follow-up: With reference to the report should I be worried about Gilbert's syndrome? 12 minutes later
Here is my bloodwork. Ultra sound normal as well Also bilirubin has come down from 2.8 to 2.5 from July till December . My GP said Gilbert's when tested in July. Have since had liver tests done again , still normal , and as I mentioned normal ultrasound of upper right quadrant .

Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: Other tests ok,Gilbert's syndrome... Detailed Answer: Hi again, Thank you for sending in the requested medical reports. They are completely normal except for the indirect bilirubing which persists to be high and confirms Gilbert's syndrome. Your indirect bilirubin will remain high all the time and it is not to be worried about. Even the slightly elevaed diret bilirubin is not as serious as to be worrisome for you and it will be back to normal again. Wish you to keep as healthy as you are now! Dr.Klerida If you have more questions, feel free to ask me again. If you are satisfied with my answer, please close this thread and kindly rate my answer. Thank you.