With reference to the biopsy report what is the treatment?

Please have look at my mothers biopsy report and please suggest me what to do.we are in cmc vellore.shall we continue treamnent at that place or shall we consider somether hospital.All i want is my mom to be cured.please help
Posted Tue, 14 Jan 2014 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Meher Lakshmi Konatam 10 hours later
Brief Answer: biopsy report inconclusive Detailed Answer: I have been through the biopsy report. I dont know the site of biopsy and where it was performed but the report which you have submitted is not conclusive of malignancy. We cannot go ahead with treatment basing on this report alone. She requires special markers on the biopsy specimen, if the biopsy tissue is adequate. if the tissue is not adequate, she would require rebiopsy for confirmation. Even is the diagnosis comes as NHL, which is a type of cancer of lymphoid tissues, you need not worry since this cancer has good cure rates. Cure depends on stage and some other factors. So it better she gets investigated thoroughly and then plan treatment
Follow-up: With reference to the biopsy report what is the treatment? 20 hours later
thanks for your mom met a haematologist and he asked to go for ct scan , bonemaaroow test n blood test and said that it is just marginal and my mom might not need chemotherapy also and then there is nothing to worry too.Is that correct.i wanted a second opinion.which place shall we go for treatmnet or cmc vellore would be best? does the report sound nothing risky?
Answered by Dr. Meher Lakshmi Konatam 9 hours later
Brief Answer: she requires confirmation of tissue diagnosis to say risky or not Detailed Answer: Hi your mom requires confirmation of tissue diagnosis and staging workup investigations. Ct Scan and bone marrow are part of staging workup. I feel she definitely requires reconfirmation of diagnosis. Any good medical oncologist can guide you. Please check that you are meeting qualified medical oncologist. In India, even radiotherapists and surgeons practice chemotherapy which is not right. Our laws are not stringent and hence such practice is going on. Please go to the right doctor. All the best