With partner who is having vasectomy. Trying to conceive. What are the available options?

I was sterilised three years ago while having my third child. He tragically died when he was two and I am now with a new partner who has had a vasectomy. We are desperate to have a child. Are there any options available to us?

Posted Wed, 15 Aug 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 28 minutes later

Thanks for the question.

In your case, both of you can consider undergoing reversal surgeries. That is recanalization surgery post the tubectomy and vasectomy. It depends on the type of method used to sterilize both of you. Again, the earlier the procedure is reversed, the better is the outcome.

First, clinical evaluation and few investigations would be needed to know if both of you are fit for such surgery and to predict the possible outcome of surgery.

A good skilled surgeon can help in your case. With help of your Primary physician, you get referral to such doctor.

Hope this answers your question. Please feel free to ask, if there are doubts.