With indentations on forehead, composition of scalp has changed. Feels like little bumps all over it. Suggest?

Along with my indentations on my forehead, the composition of my scalp has changed. It feels like it has little bumps all over it from the ears up. Weird huh?
Posted Sat, 27 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 5 hours later
Welcome to healthcare magic

Forehead creases could be part of ageing, but I am curious about the scalp. Can you describe it a little more in detail.
The best thing you can do is to upload a good quality photograph.You have a feature to upload the images by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your query better. You can also send the image as attachment to YYYY@YYYY , with the subject as 'Attn: Dr. Johny Chacko'.

Waiting to hear from you
Follow-up: With indentations on forehead, composition of scalp has changed. Feels like little bumps all over it. Suggest? 1 hour later
Hello, I can't get a picture of my scalp but here is the best picture I could take of the indentations. The deepest one in the middle is indicative of the other 2 that have just appeared. I have had the middle one for a couple of years now. I will say that my daughter in law used a product on my hair called str8. Which is a hair straightener, I believe it may have had formaldehyde in it. Could this be the problem? It was a product that you leave on your hair for 3 days then wash out. During that time I had an excruciating headache. I didn't know at the time that the product had formaldehyde in it.... I still don't I just suspect. The product was very popular for awhile. My scalp at least has never been the same since though, and with the indentations, maybe there's a correlation? Why the indentations? No head trauma. Thanks!
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 43 hours later
Welcome back
What you are having on the forehead is frown lines and forehead creases.
As the age progresses constant action of the muscles of the forehead will groove the skin causing these wrinkles. It is a sign of ageing. It is not a disease.

If you are very upset by these wrinkles and if you can afford you may go for Botox (Botulinum Injection). You will get dramatic improvement with Botox and the effect will last for 4 to 6 months. This is done by a cosmetic dermatologist.

Without an opportunity to closely examine the scalp, I would not be able to accurately specify the condition. You might need to consider a consultation with dermatologist for assessment and work up of your scalp indentations. However in my experience the most common condition presenting as scalp indentations is cutis verticis gyrata. You may search for it in the internet. emedicine.medscape is a good site for reference.

Hope this helped.
I will be happy to answer any clarifications you have.