Wisdom tooth pulled got an infection, cured with blood clot and mild heart attack. Suggest?

Rheumatologist
Question
Had wisdom tooth pulled got an infection, ended up in the hospital for 4 days getting antibiotics, was cured and a few days ago ended up in the hospital with a blot clot. Mild heart attack. Is their any reason why my Doctor would not tell me when I got the tooth pulled that I should be taking antibiotics to prevent an infection, number 1 and I should look out for anything else. I am 65.
Posted Fri, 11 Oct 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It depends on your risk factors for infection.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir ,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that Dental extractions are commonly liable to be infected because mouth remains the hot seat for all microorganisms and flora . Since you are suffering from diabetes mellitus you are at higher risk for getting infections as compared to normal pateints.

In my opinion you should have been prescribed antibiotics after your dental extraction but your examining doctor remains the best judge for the situation as he had examined you at that particular time .

Wish you good health.

Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: Wisdom tooth pulled got an infection, cured with blood clot and mild heart attack. Suggest? 5 minutes later
Thank you Dr. XXXXXXX rcl

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir,

It is my pleasure to be of any help to you .

Dr. Shruti