Will you please explain my blood and biochemistry report?

ENT Specialist
I have made a check up and the reports are as follows. I would like you please to give me some clear explanations on the results as hightlighted on the reports. my health in general is ok.

Best Regards
Posted Fri, 3 Aug 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 35 minutes later
Thanks for the query,

Well, I have gone through all your reports including the General blood picture and biochemistry reports.

1- All the blood indices are within normal limits, except ESR, which is slightly raised.
It indicates some old disease, dont worry about it. It is not significant in your case. As you have no medical history.
2. The blood glucose levels are slightly elevated and we are looking at a state called impaired glucose tolerance or Prediabetes. This is a partially reversible condition where you would need to modify your lifestyle and reduce your weight.

3. Yes, Your HDL ( High density Lipoprotein) is less than normal, HDL is a heart protective fat, it should be high. High density lipoproteins, or HDLs, are good for you. They are produced by the liver to carry cholesterol and other lipids (fats) from tissues and organs back to the liver for recycling or degradation. Having high levels of HDL lowers the incidence of atherosclerosis (clogged arteries) and heart disease.
4. if you consume alcohol, then be slightly conservative about it. It may be a reason for your raised SGPT. If you don’t, you don’t need to worry.

Don’t worry, just follow the following instructions and definitely you will feel better.--

A)     Walk 30-60 minutes five times a week for a total of 2 1/2-5 hours per week. Walking twice a day for 20-30 minutes each time will increase your metabolism, strengthen bones, muscles and keep your heart pumping…increasing the HDL cholesterol, which removes LDL cholesterol from your arteries.

B)     Consume foods that increase HDL levels: The oil that you are using should be either olive Oil, Canola or vegetable oils. Per day, you should not be taking more 1-2 tsp of oil including all the oil that you are using to cook the food you are taking. Take plenty of fruits and vegetables, ( atleast 6 servings a day where 1 serving is 1 small cup). Include other items like fish, nuts ( not more than 5-10). They help raise the HDL.
C)     Avoid sweets, sugar, fried food and all types of junk food.

D)     Maintain your weight in the normal range. If you let me know your height, I can let you know the ideal body weight for you.

Hope this helps.
Let me know if you need any more information