Will vasectomy cause loss of attachment from the effect of semen?

I have heard that semen has a "calming" effect on women. Even has the effect of making them more "attached" to their partner... My question is, does this still have the same effect AFTER a vasectomy? Is the semen/sperm still a connecting factor for a woman, when her partner has had a vasectomy?

Thank you
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 6 hours later

I doubt if there is any such 'calming' influence of semen on the female partners.

Any attachment that partners might have after regular sexual intercourse is more likely to be due to sharing of intimate and pleasurable moments rather than due to the physical quality of semen. And this will therefore answer your second question, i.e. there is no likelihood of losing a connecting factor after a vasectomy. If anything, the fact that two adults in love have taken a responsible decision might cause them to come even closer!

I hope this answer takes care of your concerns, but you are welcome to let me know if you have further issues which require clarification. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.