Will tubal reversal affect C section in future?

Question
I've had 5 c sections and my husband wants to have more children. The last c section I had, the doctor said he was surprised I didn't have a lot of scar tissue. I will have a tubal reversal sometime next year. I've read that there is some type of physical therapy I can do to loosen it up if there is any. Is that true and what can I do at home to help this? Is there an ultrasound that can be done? Also since I will be cut slightly where I had my C section with the tubal reversal, how will that affect my other C section in the future if I were to get pregnant? Thanks.
Posted Fri, 10 Jan 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 4 hours later
Brief Answer: NO physical therapy can reverse this Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for trusting us with your health query. Tubal ligation is often done when the decision not to have future pregnancies is always certain. I am so sorry to hear about the need to get this reversed. However, because it is what you really want, I can only wish you well. There is no physical therapy that can help with this reversal. Only a surgical procedure would be able to undo the ligation. An ultrasound would not be able to undo this either. After this procedure the risk for ectopic pregnancy is higher and you should work closely with your doctor to make sure all missed periods are appropriately investigated to make sure any pregnancy is located in the uterus and not somewhere else. Also, this reversal may not necessarily be a success seen the high failure rates. Also, a pregnancy is not guaranteed. However, I wish you the best of possible outcomes with this. This procedure would not have any major impact on future cesarean sections because it is considered a very minor procedure that should not cause much scarring or complications. With 5 c-sections already, the risk of any other pregnancy and future deliveries is enormous. Please, strongly consider this risk against the necessity of more babies. I hope you find this helpful. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and please do feel free to ask for clarifications or more information if need be. Dr. Ditah, MD.

Follow-up: Will tubal reversal affect C section in future? 1 hour later
No. I'm sorry. I meant to ask you if there are some physical therapy exercises that I can do to loosen up the scar tissue if there was some? I have a facility to go to to do the tubal reversal in Gainsville Ga. I will take consideration about future babies.

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer: No Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you for following up with me. There is no physical therapy that can help loosen up any scar tissue. Scar tissue once formed cannot be dissolved except through a surgical procedure. I hope you find this helpful. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and please do feel free to ask for clarifications or more information if need be. Dr. Ditah, MD.