Will there be any problem in marital life by marrying a woman with short left leg?

Hello Sir / Ma'am - I am 32 years, male, 5 feet 6 inches, medically fit. I am not sure if I can ask you these Questions but still giving a try. I am planning (but not confirmed) to get married to a female (Age 30) with her left leg short by 4 inches (by birth) from ground. I just wanted to confirm whether there would be any problem in our marital life with respect to 1) her physical posture (she wears high heel shoes/sandals to balance her body), 2) conceiving, 3) physical relation, 4) can she become pregnant, 5) will she be able to handle her pregnancy. 6) Would there be any problem carried forward to future kids? 7) And what other medical factors I need to consider before getting married? or is it too risky getting married? -- Thank you, XXXXXXX(India)
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Radhika 1 hour later

It is good to hear that you are considering marriage with a differently enabled person.
A leg length discrepancy can be due to congenital growth deficiencies , infections that infiltrate the epiphysis , tumors, fractures that occur through the growth plate or have overriding ends, Legg-Calve-Perthes disease, slipped capital femoral epiphysis (SCFE), and radiation.
Structural discrepancies result from an actual anatomic shortening of the bones of the lower extremity. This can occur from a growth plate injury during childhood or adolescence, fractures or genetic and acquired conditions that affect bone growth. Structural leg length differences can also result from spinal abnormalities such as scoliosis
1.     The lady in question is suffering from a disorder called leg length discrepancy. Here, a difference in leg length can be anywhere from one centimetre, which usually does not cause any problems, to more than six centimetres. The only physical problems which can arise due to such a condition include functional scoliosis, osteoarthritis and possibly lower back pain.
2.     As long as the reproductive tract and the hormones is normal, she would not have any problem in conceiving.
3.     There should be no problems in establishing a physical relationship
4.     She would be able to become pregnant, given that everything else is normal.
5.     She will be able to complete the full term of her pregnancy, although slightly closer monitoring may be required.
6.     This disorder cannot be transmitted genetically. So your children would have the same risk of having this disorder as the rest of the population
7.     Orthotic devices which can be slipped into the shoe are available which can be used to correct the discrepancy. As much as possible, the same elevation should be added in all shoes that are regularly worn, including house-slippers and flip-flops. She will probably need more than one type of heel lift or modification for different shoes. You would need to consult an orthopaedic surgeon and shoes can be customized according to her requirements.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.