Will there be any problem if mala-d is taken in wrong sequence?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2013
Feb 2013

Pediatrician
Question
hi if I use Mala-D in wrong sequence ... any effects? I have continued upto 7 th tablet 8,9, 10 th went in wrong sequence.

what should be done .....now ?

Kindly advice
Posted Mon, 6 May 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 29 minutes later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

In Mala-D strip the first white color 21 tablets are hormonal tablets and work for contraception.

There is no problem even if you take the 8,9, and 10th tablets in wrong sequence as these are hormonal tablets.

The numbering of 1 to 21 is given for easy remembering and all these 21 tablets contain the hormones each having equal amounts of hormones.

The last 7 brown color tablets are iron and folic acid tablets and they should be taken in the last 7 days of menstrual cycle as per the sequence.

Therefore I advise you to continue the tablet from 11th to complete the strip in sequential order.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.

Regards.

Follow-up: Will there be any problem if mala-d is taken in wrong sequence? 8 minutes later
Dear Sir the issue is ... once the followed the wrong sequence... I got suffering from dizziness and vomit feeling at some times.

kindly advice

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 25 minutes later

Thank you for getting back.

The hormonal tablet itself may cause vomiting sensation and some dizziness.

The wrong sequence may not be the responsible factor for your nausea and dizziness.

I advise you to take the tablet at a fixed time of the day and especially before going to bed to avoid the feeling of nausea and dizziness.

And in spite of doing this if the symptoms persist I advise you to consult the Gynecologist for further advise regarding on oral contraception.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please fee free to consult me.

Regards.