Will the use of i-pill hinder the conception at a later stage?

How safe is it to take an i-pill after a condom failure now? I took it last about 16 months back.I am also planning to try to conceive after 8-10 months from now.Will the usage of i-pill have any side-effects/complications on my future efforts to conceive?
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query

I pill is an emergency contraceptive pill and contains a high dose of hormones which thus help in preventing pregnancy. It is always advisable to have the pill after a condom failure and you should consider using it right now. The pill is effective in preventing pregnancy only if it is taken within 72 hours of unprotected sexual intercourse.

As such, iPill may cause temporary side effects as withdrawal bleeding, nausea, headache, bloating, change in the next few cycles etc.

Usually, if you do not take them regularly and frequently, then it should not cause any complications in conceiving in future.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have any follow up queries.