Will the hair pulling cause hair to stop growing or damage the follicle?

My baby pulls my hair very hard every day. It's just a phase she's going through.
Most of the time, the hair doesn't actually come out, but she pulls it hard enough that my scalp hurts for an hour or so after . I've tried putting it into a ponytail, but she still gets at it. Will this hair pulling cause my hair to stop growing or damage the follicle?
Posted Tue, 24 Jul 2012 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in.
I understand your concern but I can assure you that your child pulling your hair will neither cause your hair to stop growing nor will damage the root of your hair.
For healthy hair, all you need to do is have a healthy and balance diet and not use too many chemicals in your hair. Using a mild shampoo and conditioner and trying to get a massage once a week is all the hair care you need. In addition, a diet XXXXXXX in fish and coloured fruits and vegetables are great for your hair.
Hope this helps
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.