Will the habit of masturbation affect fertility?

Question
I am having habit of one time masturbation per day, will it effect my fertility?
I am having thin sperm, any thing to worry about?
Posted Sat, 26 Oct 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You have no problems!

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,

I can fully appreciate your concerns.

Firstly, let me explain that puberty is the process which transforms you from a teenager to a real man. During puberty, EVERY BOY is in the process of developing normal characteristics of an adult man.

It is therefore natural and NORMAL for every boy to develop sexual urge (a healthy sign), in addition to development of secondary sexual characteristics (pubic hair, beard, enlargement of sexual organ etc..). Masturbation is a normal practice in EVERY NORMAL MALE to satisfy his sexual urge. HENCE, THERE IS NOTHING ABNORMAL WHATSOEVER, WITH YOU.

Hence, may I assure you that masturbation will, IN NO MANNER, AFFECT EITHER YOUR FERTILITY, OR SEXUAL LIFE AFTER MARRIAGE.

Further, there is a difference between semen and sperm. SEMEN is the fluid that comes out : it can be thick or thin. SEMEN contains, among other things, SPERMS.

The NORMAL RANGE of Sperms in 1ml of semen is between 60-120million/ml. SO, THERE IS NO CORRELATION BETWEEN THE VISCOSITY OF THE SEMEN AND THE SPERM COUNT.

REST ASSURED, YOUR SPERM COUNT IS NORMAL. And, don't worry about whether the semen coming out is thick or thin.

Hope I have addressed your query to your satisfaction. If you have any further questions, I will be more than happy to help you.

However, if you do not have any further clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Wish you a good health and happy sexual life.

With best wishes,

Dr. (Col) R Karanwal

Follow-up: Will the habit of masturbation affect fertility? 3 hours later
My age is 25 and I am getting married next month, should stop masturbation now to have good first intercourse.

Brief Answer:
It's a normal physiological practice

Detailed Answer:

Don't worry!

Whether you stop or continue with masturbation, your married life will BE NORMAL. Of course, if you abstain from it for 4-5 days prior to your first night, you will be able to do full justice to your wife.

Please remember that even adults- when staying away from their life/sex-partner-satisfy their irresistible urge through masturbation.

So, enjoy your married life.

If you do not have any further clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Have a happy married and sexual life.

Dr. Karanwal

Follow-up: Will the habit of masturbation affect fertility? 5 hours later
My semen is watery, nothing to worry? I am bit worried.

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Watery semen is normal

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,

The consistency and color of semen (called Seminal fluid) depends of the frequency of ejaculation. Frequent ejaculations cause the subsequent ejaculated semen to be of watery consistency and, DOES NOT mean that the sperms are reduced. SO, PLEASE DO NOT WORRY.

During ejaculation, the sperms, while passing through the tubes, mixes with fluids (containing several components) produced from several glands. These components promote the survival of sperms and also provide a medium through which they can "swim".

If you still have doubts and wish to confirm that your sperms count is normal, please consult your treating doctor, who will advise you on the basis of semen analysis report.

Hope I have answered your query.

If you have no further clarifications, you may close the discussion and rate my answer.

Dr. Karanwal