Will the HIV virus be killed if it comes in contact with saliva during oral sex?

Excellent

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
when a person gives oral sex but no fluid comes out but like precum comes out as bit is it true the HIV Virus is Killed I heard about that by salivia
Posted Mon, 29 Jul 2013 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 6 days later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

The risk of transmission through oral sex is low as per CDC, Atlanta. The risk of insertive vaginal intercourse itself is around 5 per 0000 exposures. The chances through oral sex is very much low.
Human saliva contains an enzyme called as Lysozyme, which has an inimical effect on HIV. That may be one of the reasons for the low risk of HIV transmission through oral sex.
Nothing to worry.
DR S.Murugan

Follow-up: Will the HIV virus be killed if it comes in contact with saliva during oral sex? 11 hours later
Cool. the reason I ask this person happened to him like 19 years ago should he worry?

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 2 hours later
Welcome back.

If somebody infected with HIV 19 years back, by this time he/she would have manifested with severe immuno-deficiency and had many signs and symptoms and also obvious laboratory investigations would reveal the same.
If that individual is not having any symptoms so far, it itself emphasize that he/she is uninfected.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Will the HIV virus be killed if it comes in contact with saliva during oral sex? 3 minutes later
Should that person worry though

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 4 minutes later
Absolutely he need not worry at all.
If he has still not convinced he may likely to undergo a psychiatric counselling.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Will the HIV virus be killed if it comes in contact with saliva during oral sex? 6 days later
I got Oral Quick Do you think I should use it what i explained to you about the oral?

that was me he said to me was healthy I keep talking to him on the phone

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Welcome back

The test is not at all necessary.
There is nothing wrong to have a Oraquick test and see the HIV negative result which can help him to come out of the fear or unnecessary tension. about HIV.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Will the HIV virus be killed if it comes in contact with saliva during oral sex? 9 minutes later
this all me So your answers stands your really confident im the one with this situation

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 14 minutes later
Once again I assure that I am confident with my answers and there is absolutely nothing to worry.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Will the HIV virus be killed if it comes in contact with saliva during oral sex? 1 minute later
I guess Ill return my Oral quick t cvs

O.K. Do it confidently
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Will the HIV virus be killed if it comes in contact with saliva during oral sex? 12 minutes later
thanks Doc ok When Someone has swallon glands or feels from the glands where does it appear I mean where does it come from something grows to make it oinflammed

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 15 minutes later
Welcome back.

There are lot of reasons for the swollen glands from infection (bacteria, virus, parasites), to primary or secondary tumors. It is an enlargement of existing small non-palpable glands. These are having the function of filtering germs and unwanted organisms.
I hope that I have cleared your doubts. If you don't have further questions kindly close the conversation.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Will the HIV virus be killed if it comes in contact with saliva during oral sex? 12 hours later
After telling this Would a blood test show anything like infection or virus as of today i.e. Hiv or Aids if it happened 19 years ago

Welcome back.

The positive result of the test would not able to tell whether it is due to a recent one or due to an infection caused before 19 years.

But an experienced HIV physician can be able to tell the age of the infection to an extent by examination of the individual and along with other laboratory reports like CD4 Count and Viral Load etc.
But it is unnecessary for you, as you may be likely to be free from HIV infection.
Dr S XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Will the HIV virus be killed if it comes in contact with saliva during oral sex? 6 minutes later
So the wbc wouldnt reconize it Something off I twisted my neck it reels like my neck is swallon but its not can that open to hiv after 19 years ago ive been having pain like for 6 weeks no now I can tell you it itches the neck area im taking predsoione

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 16 minutes later
It is not possible that HIV entered before 19 years and open up somewhere else after 19 years.

If once entered into the body, WBCs have always vigilant about the same and try to block or control the same continuously. At one stage in this fight, the virus took upper hand and WBCs are not able to control the growth of the virus and at this juncture the individual starts manifesting the symptoms due to various opportunistic infections.
But usually the symptoms start appearing any time between 7-10 years when the individual's immunity go down beyond the lower limit. That will not take 19 years to appear any manifestations. Some sort of minor disturbances would have started around 7- 10 years.

Itching around neck and swelling of glands may be due to various other reasons other than HIV.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Will the HIV virus be killed if it comes in contact with saliva during oral sex? 1 hour later
Like what with the neck besides Hiv? So I would have problems away befoere this epsiode earlier states than now. Is black and blues consisent of hiv i have two black and blue on my upper legs

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 5 hours later

Welcome back.

Itching over neck may be due to lot of skin conditions like Eczema, Contact dermatitis, Dermatophyte (fungal) infections, climate variations, allergic to body spray, and hair XXXXXXX etc.
If you consult a dermatologist you can find answers to all your questions including the black and blues on your upper leg and he/she will fix the problem and treat you promptly and you will be alright soon.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Will the HIV virus be killed if it comes in contact with saliva during oral sex? 5 minutes later
But the black and blues are not HiV rwelated

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 minute later
Not necessarily.