Will temazepam help treat anxiety when taking sertraline?

Do you think i could take half a tamazepam during daytime as im suffering really bad from anxiety at the moment. I've recently started taking sertraline 50mg for anxiety.
Posted Tue, 17 Dec 2013 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Temazepam will not help treat anxiety Detailed Answer: Hello sir/ma'am and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. Temazepam is mainly used in patients suffering from insomnia (sleeplessness) due to either stress, previous bitter experiences, mental trauma, etc; as it does not exactly improve the quality of sleep, but helps in improving your mood just before you sleep, making you feel happy, and in turn preventing you from thinking about anything that could keep you up at night. It is also a medication advised for a short period of time (7-10 days), not longer; considering its addictive nature. It usually also helps in preventing depression and anxiety to a certain extent, but not in all individuals; and has not been documented for use in preventing or treating anxiety or depression. So I would recommend you to avoid this medication, as it most probably would not help with your anxiety. Also, anxiety treatment takes time, and you may only experience the effects of your current accurate medication (i.e. sertraline) in a few days time. I hope you found my response both helpful and informative. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you. Best wishes.