Will telekast and dell help in reducing fever with throat irritation?

Suffering from fever since 3 days started with throat irritation , cough, temperature showing around 99.4 - 100.4, i have been using dolo650mg for every 6 hrs, fever continues on and off, otherwise food intake is normal , not feeling weak.when there is irritation forcebly coughing. Normallying I get this in winter season sometimes. I started using some of the medicines from old prescription , those are dell 400mg, telekast F, syrup, pls advice
Posted Tue, 24 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 57 minutes later
Brief answer...looks like a viral infection Detailed answer... Hello, Thanks for the query. Your symptoms suggest that you are suffering from viral infection which takes around 3-5 days to become all right.Treatment for viral infection is generally symptomatic by taking paracetamol for fever and anti allergic like CETRIZINE for cold symptoms. The best is to take steam inhalation twice a day along with warm saline gargles and paracetamol for fever. There is no need to take any antibiotics for this viral infection. If fever gets prolonged by more than 5 days,then you must consult  a doctor and get relevant investigations done to find the cause and it's treatment. I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query. Best of luck Thanks
Follow-up: Will telekast and dell help in reducing fever with throat irritation? 20 minutes later
Shall I stop medicines which iam using from my old prescription as mentioned in my earlier at present temperature showing normal, last dose I had @ 3pm dolo650mg.irritation , forcebly coughing still persists, pls advice
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 17 hours later
Hello, You may stop DOLO if there is no bodyache or fever. Continue with your cough syrup and take steam inhalation and drink hot liquids. Viral cough tends to persist for couple of weeks,sometimes. There is nothing to worry as your cough shall go gradually. Thanks