Will taking two pills of Cipro give false negative results for gonorrhea?

would taking two cipro pills give me a false negative on a ghonnorhea and chlamydia culture
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 7 minutes later

The answer is most likely depending on when you took the cipro and when the test was taken.

I would recommend if you want the ultimate peace of mind regarding this that you repeat an STD screen in 7 days if it is not too costly or inconvenient for you.

I hope this information has been helpful to you regarding your query and I am available for followup questions if you need.

Dr. Robert Galamaga