Will taking 'Norethisterone' to reduce ovarian cyst conflict with alternative medical treatments done simultaneousy?

Infertility Specialist
I have been given norethisterone to take for one month to reduce an ovarian cyst. I want to try for a baby, but have had no luck in the past 1.5 years. I had an laparoscopy? To remove an endometrioma in XXXXXXX And I was told both tubes were blocked. my cycle was regular until last month when I had tests for Ivf referral. The scan showed a 3-4 cm cyst. I am day 8and wonder if I should take this now, later (at start of next cycle) or at all. I am also taking Chinese medicine and accupuncture for the last three months. Now the two medicine routes seem to be conflicting. What to do?
Posted Sun, 12 Jan 2014 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later
Brief Answer: take Detailed Answer: Hi You have been prescribed norethisterone to reduce cyst and prevent its recurrence next cycle when you try for IVF. This is a small dose and really will not affect your other treatments. You can take it safely. Regards Dr. Mahesh Koregol IVF& Infertility Specialist
Follow-up: Will taking 'Norethisterone' to reduce ovarian cyst conflict with alternative medical treatments done simultaneousy? 7 minutes later
I am on day 8, so should I start now, or wait until day 1 on the next cycle? Thanks
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 6 hours later
Brief Answer: start Detailed Answer: Hi You can start now. No need to waste another cycle. Regards