Will taking Duromine during pregnancy affect the fetus?

Hi, I was taking duromine and fell pregnant whilst on it.
I am now 3 weeks pregnant and have stopped taking it as soon as I missed my period, about a week ago.
Will this effect me and the baby in any way?
Posted Wed, 3 Oct 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rajeev Chavda 24 minutes later
Welcome to HCM!
There has been no studies done to indicate this any side-effects. There is no scientific study to long term side effects, but you did the right thing of stopping this drug once diagnosed pregnant. It is a Pregnancy Category B3 drug which have been taken by only a limited number of pregnant women and women of child-bearing age, without an increase in the frequency of malformation or other direct or indirect harmful effects on the human foetus having been observed. Studies in animals have shown evidence of an increased occurrence of foetal damage, the significance of which is considered uncertain in humans. Hope I have answered your query else rate it. Thanks