Will sural nerve entrapment surgery affect walking?

Nov 2013

If I have the sural nerve entrapment surgery will it effect my walking afterwards
Posted Sun, 2 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Thank you for getting back. Sural nerve entrapment surgery is a minor procedure and it would not result in any adverse effect on your walking afterwards. Sural nerve is located on the outer aspect of foot and carries only sensory fibres, it does not control movement of any muscle in the foot. I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information. Wishing you good health, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: My BLOG: