Will skipping a drop of polio dose affect my baby?

Hi Doctor, I had taken my son for pulse Polio yesterday (19th XXXXXXX 2014) and he was given only one drop instead of two drops. Will this cause any problem to my child? I am getting worried and tensed about it. My child is only 1 month old. Regards, XXXX
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: nothing to worry Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX, Please relax; nothing to worry here. I assume your baby was given polio drops at birth. Your child is now 1 month old, and has been given 1 drop polio drop yesterday. I would suggest you to wait for the next date that is February 23, 2014 for the pulse polio programme. At that time, you can give your baby 2 drops of oral polio vaccine. Alternatively, you can take your baby to the nearest health center, and request for another drop of polio vaccine to be given. Nothing to be worried about. Hope this helps. Regards,
Follow-up: Will skipping a drop of polio dose affect my baby? 2 hours later
Thanks for your reply doctor. I will try what you said, because I just left from my home town yesterday and presently away from my family as I work in a different state form my home town. Just to follow up, my son slightly vomited after the dose of polio was given (vomited within 2 to 3 mins from the time dose was given). Is that normal to happen? If not what should we do? As you mentioned, yes the doctor gave the necessary doses ( i don't have idea of the details but doctor said that what ever was required, everything was given) to my child within the first week of his birth and we will follow to give all necessary dozes as per schedule. I hope everything goes fine. Thanks and Regards, XXXX
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: please repeat the dose Detailed Answer: Hello, Your son slightly vomited within 2 to 3 mins of taking the dose. In such a case, there is no harm in repeating the 2 drops of polio dose again. Hence, I would suggest you this - please ask your wife to take your son to nearby health center, and request for another 2 drops of polio drops. This should be apt. No, it is not normal to vomit immediately after taking the dose. Please follow my suggestions.