Will regestrone have any affect on me getting pregnant?

hi doc, i'm 22 yr old female.My last date was on 26 dec '13. I have a regular 28 day cycle.I've been taking regestrone for past 3 days to postpone my periods.I had intercourse 4 days before my anticipated period date this month.Is there any chance to get pregnant.Will regestrone have any affect on me getting pregnant? In that case what will be my safe days to have sex. I'm worried about unwanted pregnancy.Please suggest if i can continue having intercourse while using regestrone. Is there any chance of getting pregnant by having sex one week before anticipated period.Does regestrone increase the chances of getting pregnant.
Posted Thu, 13 Feb 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes, you may conceive during the last 7 days. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thanks for consulting us. If you are not ready for a pregnancy, safe period only is not a very reliable method of contraception. Failure rate is approx. 15 -25%. you are using hormones to postpone your periods. This will further increase the failure rate as your ovulation time will now be more unpredictable. Safe period can not be calculated in the current situation. Regestrone should not be used in early pregnancy. As you have started this medicine only three days before your expected period, this is not likely to effect your chances of getting pregnant this month. You may have already conceived & your missed period may well be masked as you will be taking it as an effect of Regesterone. Regesterone is not a birth control pill & is not likely to increase your fertility by any direct effect. Hope I have given you the desired response. Please write back if you have any question. Best regards.