Will pregnancy occur after intercourse and Pouch of Douglas fluid formation?

General Surgeon
Hello Doctor,

Good Evening, i have a doubt about POD fluid. On day 15 i have a POD Fluid (+), is there any specific time to get intercourse ie, 1 or 2 hours from POD fluid (+) formation.

Im taking Homeopathy Medication. I got intercoursed after 1and half hours from POD Fluid (+) formation. Is there any chance to get pregnant.
Kindly help me with this.

Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 21 minutes later

Mid cycle or 14th day of cycle is the period of ovulation, with the rupture of follicle, free fluid appear in the POD.

That is the time one has maximum chances of getting pregnant .

As ova has a life span of 24-36 hours and sperm 24-48 hours.

So earlier the availability of sperm, more the chance of conception. Intercourse with in 1.5 hour, as in your case after ovulation increases chances of pregnancy.

You can confirm the pregnancy by getting a home pregnancy test done after 10 to 12 days of intercourse or after you have missed your periods.

Hope I have answered your question well to your satisfaction. In case of any doubts, I am available for the follow ups.

Wish you safe reproductive life.