Will prednisone and ventolin cause false positive drug result?

can prednisone give a positve on a drug test? can ventolin give a positive on a drug test?
Posted Sat, 25 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: No. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. Prednisolone does not give a false positive on a urine test for drug test. The drug tests are usually done for anabolic steroids. It does not detect the presence of prednisolone. So please do not worry. Do increase your fluid intake before the test so that any medicine that yon are taking is adequately washed out. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL