Will polyurethane smell cause problems during pregnancy?
User rating for this question
we are pregnant but went to a friend's house that was renovated months ago. unfortunately there is still smell of polyurethane when we were there. we were there for appr. 8 hours. what are the chances that could harm the pregnancy?
Posted Wed, 12 Feb 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hello, I would be happy to help... Detailed Answer: How far along are you in the pregnancy? How many weeks? Have you had any problems or complications so far? Is this your first pregnancy? Thank you.
Follow-up: Will polyurethane smell cause problems during pregnancy? 2 minutes later
13 weeks and no complications to note as of yet. and its the first
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thank you for the followup... Detailed Answer: Here are the reasons why I think you have very little to worry about: 1. You were beyond the most critical period of development which is up to about 12 weeks. It is during that time that excess exposure can an effect 2. The renovation occurred so long ago, that the level of polyurethane in the air was probably extremely small 3. Most of the data (that I can find) has more to do with workplace exposure to chemicals (i.e. chronic daily exposure) If you were my patient, I would certainly do what I could to reassure you that there is likely going to be no detectable harm. I would also bring this up with your OB/GYN and make sure that they agree with what I have said as well. I hope that this helps and good luck!
People also viewed
- How long should i take the medicines
- During pregnancy tiroides causes any problem
- 29 weeks pregnant green urine
- What is the treatment for pain after wisdom teeth removal
- Yellow urine pregnant 29 weeks
- Suggest treatment for dizzy spells after an injury
- Do cervical polyp during pregnancy cause problems
- 29 wks pregnancy soft stool
- What is the suggested medication for neuralgia
- 29 weeks pregnant mucus in urine
- Polyurethane safe during pregnancy
- Will polyurethane smell cause problems during pregnancy
- What is the clinical examination process for conforming pregnancy
- Will cysts in the breast cause problems during pregnancy
- 29 weeks pregnant orange like pee