Will percocet and beer lead to death?

My daughter just died the day after she had 4 wisdom teeth removed. She had 600 mg of ibuprofen and amoxicillin every 8 hrs. We know she went to a friends and had 1 beer. I think her friend gave her perccoset. He will not admit it but friend told me 2 or 3. Is this combo lethal? She never was into drugs only herbals. She died in her sleep and there was mouth foam.
Posted Sat, 14 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: Percocet and alcohol considered a lethal combo Detailed Answer: Hello ma'am and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. I am extremely sorry to hear about your daughter's demise, may god bless her soul and provide you and your family with the strength to cope with your loss. As for the most plausible cause for her death, a combination of percocet (acetaminophen and oxycodone) and alcohol in higher doses and severe cases can result in respiratory distress, drop in blood pressure, altered consciousness, coma and even death. It was very unfortunate that her friend influenced her in such a way. If there were anything we could do to bring her back, I would be glad to help you with it, but unfortunately there isn't, and I am sure she is in a better place. I hope I have succeeded in providing you with the response you were expecting to find peace. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help sir/ma'am. Best wishes.
Follow-up: Will percocet and beer lead to death? 21 hours later
we are only talking one beer and 2 to 3 percoset. Rather small dosage???
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: Different tolerance levels; combo lethal Detailed Answer: Hello once again ma'am/sir. Tolerance levels are different for different individuals, and it appears you daughters tolerance was low. Especially as she was never into drugs and also because she was on various other medications. Either way, percocet and alcohol in any quantity is considered a lethal combination due to the very same reason (i.e. different tolerance levels). I hope this clears your doubt sir/ma'am. My sincere condolences once again. Please do not hesitate to write back to me with any further clarifications. God bless.