Will oxandrolone treatment have an impact during gnrh pulse generation?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
i have a question. I underwent oxandrolone treatment at 14.5 years old (2.5mg daily for three months) What impact would this have had at the time on my gnrh pulse generator? Now, from studies online i read that gnrh pulses exist as young as 4 & 5 year olds....but feel maybe in my particular case, gnrh pulsality was completely shut down. And then the oxandrolone restarted my gnrh pulsality, which continued till today. Hope you can advise. Best Regards
Posted Tue, 7 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 2 days later
Brief Answer: short course has no significanteffect on gnrh puls Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing to health care magic. Short course of oxandralone is given usually in Constitutional delay of growth and maturation. It's safe and does not affect the HPG axis. HPG is hypothalamic pituitary gonadal axis. Your Gnrh pulses would have started by 5 years but to develop secondary sexual characteristics, oxandralone helps. It shouldn't affect your Gnrh pulses . Regards Dr Arun