Will my follicles grow and what are my chances of pregnancy with endometriosis?

Infertility Specialist
Question
i am 25 old , married since 2 years , i got pregnant once 1 year ago naturally which ended with misscarriege at week 7 my husband semen analysis first shows : morphology 1% motility 20% count 16 mil / ml after that he did varicocele repair and took multivitmine his semen analysis 3 months after morphology 4% motility 40% count 40 mill / ml my tests at CD 2 fsh 6 lh 4.8 prl 13 tsh 1.8 i did laprocopy 4 months ago , they told me that i had endometriosis stage 1-2 and they remove it , and i recieved decapeptyl 11.25 mg inj on 29 aug on 4 december after 100 day of decapeptyl 11.25 my period not come back , i did tests fsh 1.2 estradiol less than 5 dr told me that we can start I.U.I cycle i took gonal F 75 iu for 5 days then my ultrasound shows one follicle 6.5mm lots of small cysts pcos my endo thickness only 3 mm , after that i put on menopure 75 iu for extra 5 days , my ultra sound show 2 follicles 8 mm , 7 mm , my endo only 3 mm now i am on menopur 150 for extra 3 days , i dont know if my follicle will grow up or not ? am i out this month before decapeptyl i had good ovulation , why now i really want to be pregnant
Posted Fri, 10 Jan 2014 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer: normal Detailed Answer: Hi Your husband's report is normal. You should not have undergone Laparoscopy so early as you are only 25 years old. The injections you are receiving are high dose used for IVF and expensive. Let me know which hospital you are taking treatment. If possible please change over to a good ivf centre in your place who can do proper scans and do justice. You should get more eggs with these injections. Please see good ivf centre for scan today and take second opinion. Let me know if you have any more questions. Regards Dr. Mahesh Koregol IVF& Infertility Specialist

Follow-up: Will my follicles grow and what are my chances of pregnancy with endometriosis? 3 minutes later
i am in dubai, i did laproscopy due to endometriosis before my ovulation was good , but i need to know why i cant ovulate now ? i took injections but no response ? why ?

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: antral follicle count Detailed Answer: Hi Do you still have PCOS on ultrasound scan. Please attach a copy of your scan report at the beginning of cycle to check for antral follicle count. Means how many eggs are seen in each ovary. There are 2 possibilities for not ovulating now: 1) Your ovaries are damaged during endometriosis surgery and excess ovarian tissue removed. 2) Your ovarian stimularion is not in right direction. It is difficult for me to comment unless I do scan and see. Therefore I suggested to see another doctor ivf centre for second opinion. Please get serum AMH blood test done soon. See another ivf centre today without wasting time. Regards

Follow-up: Will my follicles grow and what are my chances of pregnancy with endometriosis? 2 hours later
thanks yes i had PCOS , and i will do AMH test , i am really afraid that they damaged my ovarian but i had no endometriosis on my ovaries but dr said he did drilling to my ovaries , i went to another ivf centre before starting stimulation and they told me also that pcos still present , i thought that decapeptyl 11.25 which i recieved in 29 august is the reason as it shut down my PG ? and my period not come back sinc i recieved inj

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: Long time Detailed Answer: Hi, Since you have received decapeptyl long time back in August, you should have got periods by now. If you have not got means you might have prolonged suppression of hormones. If your follicles dont grow, next time you take medicines from your doctor to get cycles and then start injections for IUI. Regards

Follow-up: Will my follicles grow and what are my chances of pregnancy with endometriosis? 5 hours later
thanks alot as you know i took decapeptyl 11.25 , so you mean i have to take duphaston and after my period comes try again

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: yes Detailed Answer: Hi, if you are undergoing IUI this cycle since you are undergoing stimulation, dont do anything now. Take the medicines after all this. regards

Follow-up: Will my follicles grow and what are my chances of pregnancy with endometriosis? 2 days later
hi dr i am doing iui as i told you before and i have endometriosis grade 2 i did laproscopy last august and i took decapepty 11.25 on 29 aug and my period didnt came back since , so we deciede to try iui first scan show pcos then i started gonal f 75 for 5 days after that my ultrasound 1 folliclles 6.5 mm and my endometrium thickness 3 mm after that menopure 75 for 5 days my scan 2 follicles 7 and 8 mm and my endometrium thickness 3.2 mm then menopure 150 for 3 days my scan was today 3 follicles 7,8,9 and my endometrium thickness 4.6 mm my cycle cancelled due to pcos , they wont increase dose as they dont want many eggs , so we cancell it and they gave me progyluton brown pills only , to brought my period they told me as i had pcos and my ovary didnt response to small dose and they cant give me large dose as they dont need alot of eggs for iui so they advice me to go for icsi , i have endometriosis grade 2 and i did laproscopy on august they remove it and gave me decapeptyl 11.25 , i am afraid that my endometriosis come back agian before i got pregnant . i am married for 2 years and i want baby ? what is your advice for me what can i do for pcos i am 25 , 64 kg , 165 cm so do i have to do icsi or may i got naturally pregnant ? my husband semen analysis morphology 4% motility 40% count 40 mill / ml please tell me your detailed advice

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 3 hours later
Brief Answer: IUI Detailed Answer: Hi You can try IUI. But if you get more eggs while getting injections you can opt for ICSI. So ask doctors to start iui stimulation next cycle with higher dose. Regards

Follow-up: Will my follicles grow and what are my chances of pregnancy with endometriosis? 44 hours later
now i had bad hot flushes , i am suprised how decapeptyl 11.25 which i took in 29 august still in my system , i am really tired from this hot flushes , no libido , vaginal dryness , please advice me

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: no Detailed Answer: Hi this hot flushes maynot be due to decapeptyl. It was taken long time back. Since you were on high hormonal doses, this is seen during stimulation with hormones in some women. Hence wait patiently for the hormones to wean off from body. Mean while drink lot of water and liquids like juice, butter milk etc Regards

dr i am on progyluton and today i did clear blue ovulation test , it was positive ( smile face ) after 2 hr i repeat it ( was negative clear cycle ) , explain to me ? is that ovulation or progyluton give me wrong positive ?

Brief Answer: test Detailed Answer: Hi Urine pregnancy tests are not reliable some times. Hence I request you to get serum beta hCG blood test which is confirmatory for pregnancy. Urine pregnancy rest strips are not always reliable. Regards Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Follow-up: Will my follicles grow and what are my chances of pregnancy with endometriosis? 1 minute later
but i think that clear blue digital is reliable ? ok please Is progylatun effect on clear blue digital ovulation result ?

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: yes Detailed Answer: Hi You are right. This medicine does interfere in ovulation test. But then not always. But lets think positive and keep trying. Hope ovulation really happened when you did test first time. Second time hormone strength may not have been sufficient to give positive result. Hence there is possibility that positive test is right. Hence start trying now. Regards