Will multivitamin tablet stuck in throat dissolve by itself?
User rating for this question
I was taking a multi vitamin and began coughing and it didn't go down my throat, but instead I think it is lodged in the area for breathing. I can breath okay, but I can feel the vitamin is there and I can 'taste' the vitamin when I exhale. When I cough by lungs burn. Will this dissolve or should I see a doctor.
Posted Fri, 3 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Xray, Endoscopy, Laryngoscopy. Detailed Answer: Hello, As you are breathing normally, Nothing to worry about. But you feel the vitamin tablet taste and burning sensation in lung, it need further evaluation. Your vitamin tablet may get punctured in throat region and gone into esophagus and then into stomach. This may also cause the taste of the vitamin tablet. Any way you need further evaluation to confirm whether you have any foreign body or not. Further evaluation and examination is necessary because of following reasons. 1. Perforation of esophagus or throat 2. Bleeding 3. Infection You may need indirect laryngoscopy and/or fibre-optic examination of the pharynx, X-ray and Upper GI Endoscopy. Please consult your treating physician for further management. Hope this helps. Please reply for further queries. Wishing you good health.
People also viewed
- Treatment and cure for cutaneous disease
- Will multivitamin tablet stuck in throat dissolve by itself
- Multivitamin tablet
- Suggest a good multivitamin tablet
- Tiny white patch on knuckles
- Treatment and cure for brain dead
- Toxoplasmosis dizziness
- Treatment and cure for refractory neutropenia
- Treatment and cure for chronic myelogenous leukaemia
- Tragus piercing prevent headaches
- Treatment and cure for feet cramps
- Tonsillitis when pregnant third trimester
- Treating a dog bite on the nose
- Multivitamin tablet for hair loss
- Multivitamin tablets from cipla