Will masturbating have any side effect on sexual life with my partner after marriage?

Question
Hi..... Iam a 30 year old male unmarried, till today i haven't had sex with anyone. But weekly once I mastrubate. I have made this as habit from past 5 years, please advise will mastrubating have any effect after marriage sex life with my partner, is there any chances of dysfunction in erection or will this method result in low quality of sperms.
Posted Sun, 5 Jan 2014 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer: your answer is NO Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I have read your query. To answer your query straight - the answer is NO. Masturbation will not affect your future sex life after marriage with your partner. Neither will it cause dysfunction in erection nor will it result in low quality of sperms. You can continue the practice of weekly once masturbation. It is a natural process. It causes no harm to health. Be rest assured and no worries, be happy in life. Wish you good health. Regards,

Follow-up: Will masturbating have any side effect on sexual life with my partner after marriage? 21 minutes later
Hi Doctor....Thanks a lot for answering my query, I forgot to add one more query. Sometimes i get noctural emissions (wet dreams) during sleep which iam not able to avoid and feeling very embarassed when i wake up in the morning. Is this common at my age (as iam 30 years), is there anyway that i can avoid wet dreams.

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 3 hours later
Brief Answer: it is normal Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX It is normal to get wet dreams at your age. Nothing to be worried about. Definitely, it is not harmful to health. You need not avoid them either. Take care! Regards,