Will lyrica help for numbness in foot?

What helps numbness in feet. I've had much back surgery, scoliosis , including nerves in legs? also had sciatica nerve problems. would LYERICA DRUG HELP ME ? I take gabapentin and pain pills now.
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: Lyrica is the ideal drug of choice Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query It looks like you are suffering from peripheral neuropathy. I advice my patients to take Tab Lyrica at night and it has given them good relief. I advice you the same as well. However I would also recommend you to undergo a 'nerve conduction study' of both feet to know the extent of nerve involvement. Please approach a nerurologist for the test. I suggest the following 1. Tab Lyrica at night, continue pain killers as prescribed 2. Always wear shoes for walking, make sure your toes are covered 3. Protect your feet from extreme temperatures 4. Keep your feet clean and well moisturised at all times 5. Check your feet for any injuries everyday I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me I wish you good health Regards