Will lumps near breast and armpit harm pregnancy planning? Am I getting delayed for that?

I am XXXXXXX , aged 26 married for 2 years ,and plannin for pregnancy, my periods are regular.

-I had a lump near my breast-below neck 5 yrs back i get operated and removed it,we took a test on the cyst removed its normal and Dr confirmed as- normal cyst, nothing to worry, and again later a year found a lump under my arm pit, now i have tht for last 4 yrs, size is not increased , no pain, not disturbing me, checked with Dr ,we scanned it ,no cancer or harmful but DR said to remove.i felt if i remove i might get back, so am not disturbing it.

My questions:
1.Will the above harm my pregnancy planning? am i getting delayed for tht?

Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 9 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

A lump in axilla is common finding and normally is not cancerous.

You have been examined by a doctor who suggested the same.

Please get an ultrasound of breast and axilla done to be very sure.

A normal cyst can remain in place for several years without causing discomfort.

You may safely plan a pregnancy if your cyst is normal and the breast ultrasound is normal too.

And I do not think the lump is causing any delay.

Continue taking folic acid for fetal well being.

Hope I have answered your query. Do write back to me if you have further queries.