Ask a Urologist   »  

Will losing weight and fat pad make penis look bigger?

i am a male 40 my penis size is 5in i am 379lbs i have loss 25lbs in 7 weeks i am working on 180 more. i have read that i may XXXXXXX as much as 3 to 4 more inches that is usable when i lose the large fat pad near my penis. is this true or not
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Abhijeet Deshmukh 1 hour later

The pubic fat pad can alter the appearance of the penis, especially when it is flaccid. The fat pad can make it look smaller than it is.

Losing weight and the excess fat pad around the penis area (pubic region) can certainly make the penis appear longer when in a flaccid state. When erect, and during intercourse, there can be an additional 'available' length. A number of individuals also choose to surgically remove the pubic fat pad for the same purpose.

You may need to correctly estimate how much of the length you can gain by reducing the fat pad. However, your weight loss program should not only focus on reducing the pubic fat pad, but an overall healthy and fit body.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you want to discuss more.