Will klonopin, clonidine and lamictal help during alcohol withdrawal?

I am currently withdrawel from alcohol (I am an alcoholic) I have clonidine, klonopin, and lamictal. Are these medications effective in withdrawing from alcohol? I have been drinking for 5-10 days.
Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes, Klonopin Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for using XXXXXXX Yes, Klonopin will help during alcohol withdrawal. Lamictal (Lamotrigine) is used to treat bipolar disorder. It is recommended not to drink alcohol while taking these medications because of drowsiness (additive effect). So avoid alcohol. Hope this answered your query and is helpful for you. Feel free to ask if any related query and I will be glad to answer them. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Wish you a very happy life and good health. Regards