Will it be safe to take insulin before going for fasting blood sugar test?

iwould like to know going for fasting blood suger test lipid profile test ,,,,the patent should daily basuis insulin morning one take bfore test or afrter test which one should folle
Posted Wed, 6 Mar 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Prasad 10 hours later

From what I understand, this patient who is on insulin is planning to get his/her fasting sugar and lipids checked. In such situations ideally this patient should give his early morning fasting sample for both sugar and lipids. He/she can then take insulin.; have breakfast followed by post prandial sugar if needed.

Hope I answered your query. Let me know if you have other concerns.
Please close this discussion if all your questions are answered.

Good luck...