Ask a Dentist   »  

Will it be safe to go for an orthodontic treatment for proper alignment of upper set of teeth?

Dentist, Prosthodontics
Question
I would like to go for an orthodontic treatment for proper alignment of my upper set of teeth.
I did for this kind of treatment when I was in my school days but it was not completed due to other issues.
Posted Sun, 3 Feb 2013 in Dental Health

Answered by Dr. Shivangi Gajwani Jain 54 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX,

The orthodontic treatment can be done almost at any age. As you have mentioned that your earlier treatment was not completed due to some reasons, you can always get it done now.

There should not be any complications. I would suggest that you visit an orthodontist with you x-rays i.e.: OPG (Orthopantogram) and Lat. Ceph which are required for treatment planning.

Hope this answer helps. If you have any more queries, do let us know.

Follow-up: Will it be safe to go for an orthodontic treatment for proper alignment of upper set of teeth? 4 hours later
Hello Dr XXXXXXX

Thanks for your reply. Could you tell me what would be the cost of this kind of treatment? Where can I find this kind of treatment done in Bangalore?

Best regards,
XXXXXXX.

Answered by Dr. Shivangi Gajwani Jain 18 hours later

Orthodontic treatment cost varies depending on the type of braces used i.e.: metal/ceramic. Metal ones are cheaper than ceramic.

Metal braces cost somewhere around 30-0000/- (approx) where as ceramic ones cost 45-0000/- (approx)

Cost varies from doctor to doctor as well depending on the experience and type of clinic.

There are reviews written by our users about doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor in your area at this link

WWW.WWWW.WW