Will it be safe to go for a trip after typhoid oral vaccine?

I am leaving for Fiji on Thursday night. I just got the typhoid oral vaccine from the pharmacy, they had a hard time getting it. If I take the 4 doses one day apart, I will just finish at the start of my trip. Should I start it or risk it. I am staying at a dive resort on Beqa.
Posted Fri, 9 Nov 2012 in Vaccinations
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 2 hours later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will work on providing you with some information and recommendations.

As you have indicated there is a concern regarding your level of community with the vaccination. I do think that it will still be safe for you to go on your trip.

Wow your immunity will not be optimal it should be adequate to provide protection against typhoid.

Thank you again for sending your question. Please let me know if you have any additional concerns.

Dr. Robert