Will inverter batteries and chargers have an impact on my pregnancy?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
hello,pls let me know if inverter batteries kept near bedroom are safe during pregnency? also let me know if laptop and laptop charger/adaptor kept next to the pregnent person is safe? also some leftover smell of pesticide (sprayed outside in the balcony ) during pregnency??
Posted Sat, 25 Jan 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: There may not be any major effect Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. Pregnancy may not get affected with the chargers and batteries as there is no direct contact. If she is using laptop, better to keep away from the abdomen. Using by keeping on table etc is better. As there is no direct exposure to pesticide there may not be any major problem. Better to avoid constant exposure to pesticide smell as that may increase gastric disturbances. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.

Follow-up: Will inverter batteries and chargers have an impact on my pregnancy? 5 hours later
Thanks doctor for answering the query. Actually my wife was seating fr few hrs with laptop adaptor kept some 6 inches frm her abdomen.Also i read that the inverter battery produces hydrogen fumes. Also let me know the affect of hair color fumes(no direct contact but color smell in the salon). thanks in advance.

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 15 hours later
Brief Answer: There may not be any major adverse effects Detailed Answer: Hi, As there is no direct contact with adaptor, there may not be much problem. If she is using laptop, better to avoid direct contact with abdomen. As you are keeping the inverter outside the bedroom, that may not cause any harm to the baby. Short period of exposure to hair color fumes also may not have much effect. Better to avoid this if possible. She can continue with regular antenatal checkups and ultrasound examinations. Take care.