Ask a Dentist   »  

Will homeopathic tincture called arnica relive my lower canine tooth pain?

Feb 2016

General Surgeon
My husband has an extremely loose, sore, lower canine tooth. He's bee taking Plavix which has made all of his teeth loose and eventually come out on their own. This particular tooth is 'hanging' on by the nerve, blood vessel and surrounding tissue. Would the homeopathic tincture called ARNICA relieve some of his pain?
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Yes, Arnica does help. Detailed Answer: HI. Yes the tincture of Arnica applied locally can relive the pain. In addition I would still like to suggest you to consult your Treating Doctor as to effect of Plavix on teeth and consult a Dentist to rule out any other cause of loose teeth. Plavis may have to be stopped before you ask to extract a tooth ( under guidance of your treating Doctor.)