Will frequent ejaculations keep prostrate cancer away? Does body absorb non-ejected semen?

What happens to semen that is not ejected?
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 9 hours later

Semen is being continously being produced in the human body. If a male is not sexually active or mastrubating regularly then either he shall have spontaneous ejaculation(night fall) or the semen shall get absorbed in the body itself.

Spontaneous ejaculation of semen can be to the outside into the clothes or it can be into the bladder (the semen is passed with the urine).

Hope I answered your query, Please come up with follow ups if any .
Follow-up: Will frequent ejaculations keep prostrate cancer away? Does body absorb non-ejected semen? 8 days later
Thank you so much for your answer. I lost my wife of 58 years to Alzheimers in 2006. After about 30 years we discussed the thought that frequent ejaculations might lower the possibility of my contracting prostrate cancer. We agreed and made certain I had an ejaculation two or three times weekly. At 83 years my doctor says I have a healthy prostate gland and I want to keep it that way. I recently heard of a completed test by some University that men who had two to three ejaculations per week had a lower incidence rate of prostate cancer. I have long surmised that sperm that is not ejaculated is readily absorbed by the blood stream and discharged by natural means. However, again I speculate that semen not ejaculated might linger in the prostate until it becomes cancerous. How is it delivered from the gland into the bladder, as you suggest? How is semen emptied from the gland without stimulation? Where have I gone wrong here? Thank you for your response to this follow-on query.
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 1 hour later

It is believed that frequent ejaculation may delay the prostate cancer. However, this has not been conclusively proved and anecdotal studies come here and there every few years. Hence, in all probability it does not have advantage as otherwise the fact would have been conclusive proved long time back. The concept is in circulation because of our wishful thinking.

The semen does not stay in the prostate for very long to become cancerous. It either stays in testis where it is absorbed into blood stream or it is passed out in nocturnal emissions. Emissions can be into clothes as one is normal aware of. However, it can go into bladder also (retrograde ejaculation) - the sphincter at bladder neck becomes lax for unknown reasons in some people and the semen goes into bladder rather than coming out.

Voluntarily semen cannot be emptied out without stimulation.

Stay reassured. If your prostate has remained normal till 83 years of age you are probably not getting troublesome prostate cancer in your lifetime.

Hope this answer is both informative and assuring. Do accept the answer if you do not have any further queries. Yet should you have any queries, I will be glad to assist you.