Will food coming out of nose cause problem in future?

ENT Specialist
Hello dr hope you know about my son history with adenoid and under steroid spray and now he z doing better with spray.he was normal upto yesterday night at 7 pm he vomited after having dinner all food what he had in noon too came out and during vomit some rice came out through nose.after ralaxing him I put normal saline drops and asked him to sneez out and 3 to 4 rice came out from nose and again I made the same few digested food came out.given emeset and he slept normally with once twice dry cough.morning gave emeset and a idly went to pead dr he gave gelucil and norfloxin as he had little stomach pain . about food from nose he told nothing to worry but im worried if some food z gone inside????? Will it cause problem in future
Posted Thu, 27 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 10 hours later
Brief Answer: As below. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for your query. 1. There is no cause for worry. 2. A small amount of regurgitated food will get cleared on its own. 3. Sneezing has a very explosive force and this is common. 4. You may observe him at home over the next few days for any signs of nasal obstruction, infection (discharge or foul smell from the nose, fever, pain) irritation due to decaying food stuff. 5. If in doubt, a gentle nasal endoscopy with a pediatric endoscope will settle the issue. Imaging is not of much help right now. It is highly unlikely that this will be required. 6. This incident will not cause any problem in the future. I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them. Regards.