Will epididymitis go away on its own? Taken Cipro. Have sore and heavy testicles. No STD

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Will epididymitis go away on its own? I have had two bouts of cipro and i think i still have it. I have sore/heavy testicles. My personal doctor said I do not have an STD but everything I read says it comes with clamidia or gonorrhea.
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 5 hours later

Thanks for posting your query

Am a Gastrointestinal Surgeon with a good exposure to Urology, seen your query not picked up for five hours so am replying to it

You appear well read, yes in adult males the infection is commonly due to chlamydia or gonorrhea but not always.

If you have no history of exposure and if your partner is not infected you may be assured.

Yet it is always better to get your self tested for both to rule out the same if there is history of exposure and/or your partner is infected

We usually treat the partner if either is found.

To ensure a complete cure you should visit your personal doctor till he insists.

You need to continue Cipro for three weeks or so and then on a maintenance dose till completely cured.

For the heaviness I would suggest you apply ice to the local area and use a scrotal support.

Hope this helps
Am Available for followup queries
Wishing you a Speedy recovery